Combinations of Rudraksha
Two beads of two mukhi and one bead of Gaurishankar, when used in a three-bead combination, is called Unity Combination (Ekta Bandh).This combination helps in the removal of differences of opinion among people and bring them closer to each other emotionally and thought-wise. It is good for family life, to improve relationships between the wearer and others (especially for married couples) and to improve relationships in the outside world with friends and colleagues. Although it is recommended that both the parties should wear to improve relationships, even one person, who wears this combination, will get the benefits as he or she is able to influence others.
The two mukhi beads preferred in this combination are the Nepal varieties. Since these beads are rare and expensive, one can settle for Haridwar/Dehradun variety beads also. The Gaurishankar may be from Nepal or Indonesia.
Nine beads of two mukhi rudraksha preferably with pearls and silver spacers) make this bracelet to be worn on right hand. It pacifies malefic effects of planet Moon and as such controls anger and emotional behaviour. Those desiring calmness, peace of mind and harmony in family should wear this.
This bracelet has a nine mukhi (Durga) rudraksha with sphatik beads and two or four five mukhi small-sized rudraksha
beads. This is worn on the left hand. The wearer becomes free from tensions generated within the family due to health problems of the family members, education of children, worry about husband’s or wife’s welfare and stress due to insecurity within the family life. The wearer gets energy, dynamism, fearlessness and mental strength.
Two beads of four mukhi (Brahma) and one bead of six mukhi (Kartikeya) makes a Saraswati combination. It is useful for children to get concentration in studies, enhancement of memory and for good expression skills in writing or oral presentation. This three-bead combination has helped thousands of students to make a bright career. If a child is seven years or lower in age, then he/she can be given only one bead of four mukhi. For those above this age, the full three-bead combination can be used.
This combination is for those who do not wish to wear a full mala of smaller beads and want to maintain good health and protect themselves from general diseases. Usually, minor blood pressure problems or diabetes of initial stages can be controlled by using this five-bead Swasthya combination. It consists of two beads of three mukhi and three beads of five mukhi. To improve performance of this five-bead combination, many people get it attached to a five mukhi mala of smaller beads so that they are able to get a good coverage over the chest. Usually the Swasthya combination is used along with water therapy described in this chapter for better results.
This combination is highly effective to rectify any Vaastu defect in the residential or commercial premises, or to nullify the ill-effects of jealousy, black magic, evil eye or any planetary bad influence. It consists of one bead of 10 mukhi strung in sphatik beads with a mercury ball (optional) attached to it at the bottom. This can be hung on the ceiling at any place without any hindrance to it and free area around it. It also helps in keeping the temperaments of people living in the house cool and the atmosphere remains very peaceful. Sometimes, a 12 mukhi rudraksha is used in place of 10 mukhi. This can be a good alternative for neutralising planetary effects.
A combination of nine, 10 and 11 mukhi rudrakshas is recommended to remove fear of any kind and to instill confidence to face all adverse situations bravely. This can be fear of ghosts or lack of confidence or threats of physical assault. The beads can be worn on the left hand or around the neck. Sometimes, a few mercury beads are added to this combination to ward off evil effects created by opponents.
This is a 14 mukhi rudraksha to be worn on the head touching the middle portion between the eyebrows or worn around neck. The 14 mukhi rudraksha is a powerful bead, also known as Dev Mani. It neutralises the effects of Sade Saati and also improves visualization power.
This is a combination of three, five, 10, 11 and 12 mukhi rudrakshas to be worn around the neck. 10 and 11 mukhi rudrakshas remove negative planetary effects, while three and five mukhi rudrakshas remove negative effects of bad karmas committed and 12 mukhi rudraksha gives the confidence to look forward in life using the untiring power of the Sun.
These combinations are for meditation purposes. There are different malas and combinations popular among people:
- A simple five mukhi mala of 108+1 or 54+1 or 27+1 beads (most common being 108+1).
- A five mukhi mala having one Gaurishankar at the top and one mukhi at the meru (Total number of beads including Gaurishankar and one mukhi should be 108+1.
- A five mukhi rudraksha mala having the following beads: three, five, nine, 11 mukhis, Gaurishankar and 1 mukhi. This is known as Dhyan Yog mala as it covers all the aspects required for better concentration and meditation like good health (three and five mukhi), fearlessness (nine and 11 mukhi), identification with God (Gaurishankar) and Shiva’s blessings (one mukhi). All these beads are strung in a five mukhi smaller bead mala, the total number of beads being 108+1, including large and small beads.
- A 32 or 32+1 bead Kantha of large-sized Gaurishankar beads is used by sanyasis or those fully dedicated to spiritual work. While meditating, these people wear this kantha and manasik (silent) japa is carried out while counting is done with the small-sized beads strung in another mala. This combination is not recommended for family persons. At best it can be kept in a pooja place.
- Higher level of meditation is done by using 14 mukhi rudraksha tied on the head keeping it at the Ajna Chakra and counting of the mantra using a mala of either five mukhi or 2 mukhi rudrakshas. It is useful for kundalini awakening, by combining the meditation with Pranayams and going upwards with chakras.
11. MOHINI POWER
A combination of two beads of six mukhi and one bead of 13 mukhi rudrakshas is used to increase affability and to become acceptable to the masses or to one’s own near and dear ones. It is known as Mohini combination. Indra and Kaamdev (Cupid) are the ruling gods for 13 mukhi and Kartikeya rules the six mukhi. It can be used either for physical attraction or to increase likeability from within. This combination is very popular with young couples or those who are artists, actors, anchors or leaders. Professionals with marketing responsibilities or in HR may also find it useful.
Those who are fighting legal cases or involved in property or any type of disputes or those facing serious competition while marketing their products, find this combination very useful. It has one bead of 10 mukhi, one bead of 11 mukhi and one bead of 16 mukhi. The jai rudraksha having 16 mukhis can defeat the adversaries and bring in victory while offering full protection through 10 mukhi (Vishnu) and 11 mukhi (Hanuman).
For achieving success in business, the combination of seven mukhi (Mahalakshmi) and 8 mukhi (Ganesh) rudrakshas are used. Some people wear only a Ganesh-Lakshmi combination consisting of two beads of seven mukhi and one bead of eight mukhi. In other cases, depending on the type and nature of businesses, one seven mukhi and one eight mukhi along with additional beads as given below are also used:
- nine mukhi for working women.
- 10 mukhi for those lacking in direction or wishing to change their line of business. 10 mukhi rudraksha also helps those facing lot of hurdles or are also susceptible to evil eye or feel they are haunted by black magic.
- 11 mukhi for stability in business and for traders.
- 12 mukhi for those having manufacturing activity or construction/property business. 12 mukhi is worn singly also as Surya pendant and is believed to protect the wearer from various diseases. It will also bring in success in business.
- 13 mukhi for those engaged in marketing/brokerage work/any business related to art. If someone is persuing a political career, then 13 mukhi is useful.
- 14 or 15 mukhi for those engaged in speculative business-like share market, property market, import-export, recruitment or anyone in senior and responsible position.
- 17 mukhi for those awaiting for an opportunity to acquire properties or finance and those wanting success to occur immediately.
- 18 mukhi for those involved in large projects, or for safety of children.
- 19 mukhi for highest level of competitions, against black magic and jealousy.
- 20 and 21 mukhi for achieving highest level of success and fame.